« Home | We toured the hospital yesterday » | If you haven't guessed...... » | Birds of a Feather » | Um..... hi...... » | Yep, I'm still living » | Show Me Some Prisoner Love, Baby! » | Harry Potter Action Figures???? » | Doula and Pregnancy Thoughts » | List of Lists for 11/30/05 » | Slowly putting up Christmas..... » 

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 

Recent Movie Sightings

As usual Netflix has been a big hit in our house. We are avid DVD watchers. Sometimes there is just NOTHING on TV and watching a movie is the only thing to do. Yea I know... we could do something more productive, but what fun is that? And typically we watch movies at night. Or I'll watch a little piece of something while I'm folding clothes. Multi-tasking is always a good option!

So lately we've seen a decent handful of decent movies.

Hustle and Flow was a "never heard of it before but I'll get it anyway" choice. I am very glad I did! It turned out to be a really good movie. Sure the characters dropped the F-word like it was going out of style. But that doesn't bother me. The storyline is about a pimp who wants to make it as a rapper. He struggles with himself and outside sources. There are some catchy rap tunes and great actors. 4 /5 stars

Memento was an award nominee. Academy award maybe.... Anyhow, I watched it the other night and was so intrigued by the uniqueness of the movie. It kept me on the edge of my seat and trying to figure out what was going to happen next. A word of warning: Do NOT fall asleep during this movie because you will be completely lost when you wake up. It's very artsy and well done. 4/5 stars

March of the Penguins makes me so happy to be human! As much as any pregnant woman complains I'd be willing to bet they are happy they are not a penguin after seeing this movie. It is amazing that Penguins have survived and their species has not died out completely. This is an amazing movie with great, beautiful, awesome real footage. Beautifully done. 5/5 stars

The Wire is an HBO series that is just fantastic. We have been watching the second season and have one more disc before we'll be finished with it. That makes me mourn for more! This series is great. Right up there with so many other favorite cop and detective shows. If you enjoy Law and Order, 24, or The Shield you'll probably really enjoy this series. But be sure to start with season 1! 5/5 stars

Birth was absolutely horrible. I was appalled by so much in that movie. It was slooooowwww to begin with, and then the whole idea of a 10 year old and Nicole Kidman just disgusted me. I lost a lot of respect for Kidman after seeing this movie. It was really gross and I think a poor choice of characters for her to play. 2/5 stars

The Interpreter on the other hand was a very good film with Kidman as the star. Sean Penn was also in the movie and I just love him! This was another unique storyline and a suspensful movie. 4/5 stars

I've seen plenty of others such as The Island, 61*, and Four Brothers but I'll stop for now! If you've seen any of these movies and agree or disagree with me please leave a comment. I like having others opinions!

TAG! You're it!!

Thanks, I forgot I wanted to add March of the Penguins to my list. Memento was wierd but I liked it. The Island was okay entertainment but I wouldn't rent it again. I keep waiting for Wedding Crashers to come in but I keep getting bypassed.

Post a Comment