« Home | If you haven't guessed...... » | Birds of a Feather » | Um..... hi...... » | Yep, I'm still living » | Show Me Some Prisoner Love, Baby! » | Harry Potter Action Figures???? » | Doula and Pregnancy Thoughts » | List of Lists for 11/30/05 » | Slowly putting up Christmas..... » | Haloscan commenting and trackback have been added ... » 

Monday, January 23, 2006 

We toured the hospital yesterday

Since I am having this baby in a different hospital than I had the boys we had to find out where to go when the baby comes. I was impressed by some things but disappointed by others.

The previous hospital we used was John Randolph. It was great because the staff was wonderful, and the birthing rooms were very homey. I labor, delivered and recovered in one room. It was nice not having to move to another room like some of my friends have had to do when delivering their babies at different hospitals.

Unfortunately the hospital I'm delivering at this time is not so homey. MCV is a great hospital but they are a bit behind the times since they do not have LDRP rooms (labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum). Actually they have two of them but they come with extra fees. Instead they have separate labor rooms, delivery rooms and then postpartum rooms. In fact the postpartum rooms are on a different floor! It's very distressing for me since I am used to having it all in one. I know what it's like to be comfortable, and I hate to give that up this time. But I do not have a choice.

Actually I do. I could probably go back to John Randolph Hospital if I wanted to. But that would mean seeing an OB and not a midwife. The reason I chose MCV is because it's the only hospital around that has midwives! It's very sad! And beyond frustrating! So for now I will be delivering at MCV with a midwife.

Only 6 weeks left until my due date. And that means 6 weeks of me stressing out about the hospital situation. Why can't things be easier?!

Amanda I totally understand your frustrations. Just try not to stress out too much. You can do it, you'll do just fine. Do you have a birth plan set up since its a new hospital for you? It might help.

Don't stress too much. You will be so out of it during the move you probably won't even notice.

Post a Comment