« Home | Another Thursday » | Netflix Friends Wanted! » | My Three Sons » | MIA » | Countdown to Detox » | Book of the Week » | Jack and Rosie » | Quote of the Moment » | Let There Be LIGHTS! » | Back home with a full belly » 

Thursday, November 03, 2005 

Countdown to Harry

I know my household is not the only one counting down to the new Harry Potter movie. It's terribly exciting isn't it?

November 18 is the big day. That's so close!!! Unfortunately we will not be going to see it opening day, or night for that matter. We probably won't see it until the following week or so. My kids will be disappointed but I'm not looking forward to sitting in a theatre with every seat taken. It's a bit claustrophobic. And not everyone in the theatre needs to hear my big mouth son's comments about Harry. He has no volume control. He's always on max.

My loud son was Harry Potter for Halloween. He looked adorable if I do say so myself! Of course he's blond so his hair was a bit off, but overall he played the part. We even had to call him Harry. He would not answer if you called him by his name. It's amazing that a 3 year old has that kind of imagination. He is the biggest Harry fan in our house. We purchased the third movie last fall and he watched it over and over and over again. I would bet he's seen that movie 30 times. Since then we've acquired the first two movies which he's watched at least 12 times each. And he's become obsessed with everything Harry. We are constantly putting spells on things. "Flippendo!" "Expelliarmus!" "Expecto Patronum!"

Having a family that has a similiar interest is great. My husband and I are both excited about the movie coming out, as is our oldest son. Granted, our youngest is more excited than all of us together, but I digress. Even though it's a movie we are all looking forward to, I think it's great we have such a common interest. The family that watches Harry together, stays together right?