« Home | The Scissor Fight » | The Wind Cometh » | Call Me an AMAZING RACE Wannabe » | The House that Hell Built » | Starting Out » 

Friday, December 03, 2004 

Back home with a full belly

My youngest and I headed out store hopping this morning after dropping off my oldest at school. C is turning 3 in two weeks and he's a lot of fun to be with. He keeps me laughing all the time.

Today our mission was to buy a sink/vanity/mirror combo from Home Depot. I had scoped this particular vanity out yesterday and reported back to my husband about it. He said to buy it if I knew it was what I wanted. Yeeha! Hence, going back to HD again today to get it. Anyhow, we walked into HD and immediately went to the sink department. I looked through the boxes, each weighing about a bazillion pounds, and could not find what I wanted in a box. But the display was there. I found an employee to help, though this was not his department so he wasn't too helpful. To make a long story short, they do not have any more in stock and will not being getting anymore until January. Blech!

Defeated, I left the store telling my son we would go home. Then it dawned on me that there was another HD nearby. We headed in it's direction to see if they had any in stock. Lo and behold they did! BUT (there's always a huge but(t) in every story I tell....) it was not the right color. They had white not wood stained. Blech again!

Defeated yet again we left.

After making a few more stops at Target, etc., I felt like IHOP would help cure my defeat. We lunched there. C ate a whole plate of spaghetti and I ate the chesse blintzes with strawberries.... mmm... yum. And with full bellies we came home.

Now C's taking a nap and I'm not too far behind him. It's been a stressful, pointless day.