« Home | Back home with a full belly » | The Scissor Fight » | The Wind Cometh » | Call Me an AMAZING RACE Wannabe » | The House that Hell Built » | Starting Out » 

Friday, December 03, 2004 

Let There Be LIGHTS!

This house building business gets more complicated every day. I went to the lighting place yesterday to look at light options for the new house. I walk into this smallish showroom and peek around at the choices. I see somethings that I like and some I cannot believe anyone would want in their home. Then I meet the girl who is in charge of our builder's accounts. She says I will need an appointment to order the lights, to call her once the electrical lines are put in, blah blah blah. And she hands me her business card along with 3 books of nothing but lighting fixtures, etc. OH MY GAWD. These are not your normal books. These are like JCPenney catalog size books. Page upon page upon page of choices. How can anyone in their right mind figure out exactly what they want when there are gobs of choices? I looked at the books last night until my eyes went cross. I cannot take anymore fixture gazing.

The good news is that we still have plenty of time to decide. The bad news is that I am not sure I will be able to decide EVER. I have Decisionitis -- the fear of making the wrong decision.