« Home | FREE Victoria's Secret perfume » | Short joke » | End of the Year Movies » | It Never Pays to Take a Sh*t in a Public Potty » | See honey? I'm worth every penny! » | Who Am I Anyhow? » | Today's Hugs » | A long lost site refound! » | Countdown to Harry » | Another Thursday » 

Monday, November 07, 2005 

We now have a freezer!

We finally bought a freezer and picked it up yesterday. I am SOOOO glad to finally have one to fill up. I'm tired of grocery shopping 3 times a week because of having no room in our little freezer. I'm going to Wal-Mart today to pick up some things to fill it up. It will be so nice to have extra space.

Sadly, my husband has plenty of brains but is lacking in the common sense department sometimes. We drove the truck yesterday to pick the freezer up at Sears. First we went to Home Depot because he wanted to buy a wheelbarrow. That's all fine and dandy but the wheelbarrow took up a good portion of the truck bed. Where the heck was the freezer to go? So then, we get to Sears and the guy puts the freezer in the back of the truck. "Luckily" he does not suggest laying it down but keeping it standing up because of the coolant in it. Great, not a problem since we really didn't have the room to lay it down with the wheelbarrow in the back too.

We're headed home and everything seems good. I had a bad feeling though so I kept one eye peeking out the back window watching the freezer. We live about 20 miles from Sears and we had to get on the interstate to get home. Typically this is no big deal but with a big freezer box standing in the back of the truck I just knew it wasn't going to be a simple trip. Boy was I right!

We get on the entrance ramp to the interstate and Shawn starts to pick up speed. He might be going about 40 miles an hour when the freezer starts to waiver a bit. I said "hey Shawn" and by the time I got that out the dang thing falls over in the back of the truck and is now waivering on the tail gate, ready to fly out on top of the car behind us! Shawn pulled over really fast and starts his cussing routine (my poor children....). He got out and had to rig the freezer and the wheelbarrow to stay in the truck together. He ended up laying the freezer down and having it lay partially on the wheelbarrow. Brilliant.

We eventually made it home though it seemed like forever. The whole time I'm thinking "$45 delivery charge? How simple that would have been!"