« Home | The Wind Cometh » | Call Me an AMAZING RACE Wannabe » | The House that Hell Built » | Starting Out » 

Thursday, December 02, 2004 

The Scissor Fight

Kindergartners are a mystery. You never know what they are going to do. Today was another one of those days. My 5-year-old comes home from school with a note from his teacher. I open it up thinking it's going to be good news, but I'm immediately shocked by how it reads. Apparently my son and several other kids decided it would be fun to have a scissors fight during social studies today. The teacher had her back turned and caught the tail-end of the fight just as another child's finger was cut. YIKES! What the hell? This is not my kid! He's so evil demon dressed in a 5-year old's clothing!

My husband and I sat our son down and talked with him, explaining how he needs to make better decisions at school. I told him that I cannot hold his hand all the time and tell him what's right and wrong. He has to use his brain and figure out what he should be doing. Of course he took the scolding harshly and started to cry. I felt bad because I know he's sorry. But at the same time I'm still pissed that he made a bad choice.

It just goes to show that no matter what you instill in your child they still have a mind of their own. Hopefully tomorrow, being another day, will be better.