« Home | Call Me an AMAZING RACE Wannabe » | The House that Hell Built » | Starting Out » 

Wednesday, December 01, 2004 

The Wind Cometh

My kids woke me around 7 this morning. I groggily got up and realized that today was the last day of worldly existence. Who knew? Outside the wind was causing such a ruckus you could feel the house shake. I half expected the roof to fly off at any moment, and find myself zooming across the sky inside of a giant twister, reminiscent of The Wizard of Oz. I guess I got lucky because I never landed in Munchkin Land, which is good because that scene has always freaked me out a bit anyway.

Yet, the wind howled on, and 5 hours later it's still going. It's not your typical wind either. It's the wind you see in horror movies. Leaves fly through the air as if they know where they're going. Trees lean toward the ground, their branches reaching out to grab little animals as they run by. In a word -- weird. A very weird day.