« Home | Tell me about your blog! » | My Netflix Addiction » | The Meaning of Marriage » | Clouds » | List of Lists Entries for 11/21/05 » | More house pics! » | Living Room Picture » | The Buzzard Incident » | List of Lists Entries for 11/16/05 » | Yesterday's Bust and Today's Stuff » 

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 

Preschool Birthday Party Dilemma

C goes to school at a small preschool which has two classes -- the 3 year olds and the 4 year olds. His class (3 year olds) is made up of 10 children, 3 boys and 7 girls! He is not a big fan of girls right now... LOL Exact opposite of what his brother was at this age. But there are a handful of girls he does "like" i.e. speak to. Then there is the older class which has 16 kids. Because C is so close in age to the 4 year olds he gets along with them great as well. And I think he prefers the older kids to the kids his own age.

My problem is his birthday is in 3 weeks and I want to have a party for him at our house. He's never had a party where other children were invited. B has had plenty of kids parties but C has kind of gotten the raw end of it. So this year I thought it would be great to have a kid party for him. However who do I invite?

I thought about inviting just his class but I think he'd be upset that some of the older kids were not there. So how do I go about inviting the ones he would want at the party? Hand out the invites to the individual parents? I hate to pick and choose but there is no way I can invite all 26. It would be way too much for me to handle in my "delicate" condition... LOL (sounds like a good excuse right?)

If anyone reading this has some idea of what would be the ethical way of inviting these kids please leave me a comment. I'm at a loss and I need to hurry up and figure out a solution!!!