« Home | The half hour from hell..... » | Guess my baby! » | What does my birthdate mean? » | Eyelash Growth » | We now have a freezer! » | FREE Victoria's Secret perfume » | Short joke » | End of the Year Movies » | It Never Pays to Take a Sh*t in a Public Potty » | See honey? I'm worth every penny! » 

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 

More punishment?

I occassionally ask the boys to unload the dishwasher for me. It's typically a simple task that doesn't take a lot of time. Putting them to work usually keeps them out of trouble.

Well, this morning was one of the times I asked for their help. They did it willingly right after breakfast. But no small task comes without some kind of issue.

I was standing by the fridge finishing up B's lunch for school when directly behind me I hear CRASH! I knew immediately I was in for it. I turned around and there is glass all over the kitchen floor. C had dropped a small Pyrex bowl. It obviously had not withstood the abuse inflicted by the hardwood floor. There was a bazillion little pieces of glass everywhere.

I told the boys to freeze and not move so they didn't end up with glass in their feet. Fortunately C had socks on. I had them check their feet and then head into their rooms to get dressed. And I cleaned up the mess. I hate messes.

I used this incident as a good example of how and why glass breaks and why my rule of carrying one thing at a time is a good one! Momma knows best right?

The best part was I didn't not lose my cool today (unlike yesterday and the juice/pizza). I kept calm and behaved nicely.

Speaking of yesterday's issue.... My wall is now juice stained...

Sigh.... time to paint.

Sorry about your yucky day yesterday. I probaby could have handled the juice, but the puke would have sent me over the edge. My hubby broke a nice pyrex dish in the kitchen last week - I was finding glass pieces for the next 3 days - it really smashes something fantastic on a ceramic tile floor. Sometimes the BIG boy is just as much work as the wee ones. Will Mr Clean Magic Erasers clean the juice off your walls? We use them regularly on crayon and magic marker, and chocolate milk and ravioli.......boys are fun aren't they? (rolling my eyes)

Post a Comment